Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Good to Great: Ashleigh's Living Room


*update* 
Camilla sent me a lovely email to let my readers know that the DIY Chevron Rug is still holding up! Her  sister has had it now for almost a year and it looks great. They scotch guarded the top. Also attaching the rug gripper with a sewing machine instead of just layering it really helped. 

The series is back with another great before and after! 

One of my favorite things to do is my local one-hour consults. A few months ago I went out to see Ashleigh, a local Utah photographer. We spent an hour walking through her home and talking about things we could do to make it a little better. 

Here's how it looked when I came out. 


It was lacking color and personality. The main thing that needed to happen in this room was that fireplace wall needed to turn into the focal point of the room. Behold the after! 


By putting up some curtains and adding a great sunburst mirror that fireplace wall has the "wow-factor" it needed to have! 


Once again this Z-Gallerie mirrored saved the day. I just can't get over the size and the price. Fantastic! It really is my go-to mirror. 


I have always envisioned this premier prints fabric making great curtains. I was so happy she used it in this room! The print is perfect and the color does so much for the room! 

When I went to her house she talked about making a DIY chevron rug from this fabric via these instructions. It turned out so good. 

The other problem area in her living room was the wall over the sofa. 


I suggest some kind of stencil or striped wall. And look how great it turned out! 


This photo wall gives her the chance to showcase some of her photography. All of the other prints were found on Etsy. Including this deer one from my sponsor Aldari
I also recommended this pillow for her sofa. It looks so good with the curtains! 

Thanks so much to Ashleigh for letting me show off her new room and make sure you check out her photography blog

If you live locally and are interested in my one-hour consults see my services page. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

◄ Posting Baru Posting Lama ►
 

Copyright © 2012. Walls Modern Interiors - All Rights Reserved B-Seo Versi 5 by Blog Bamz