Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Cresthaven Kid's Room


I can't believe I am posting the last room in the model home! It's been so fun to share this home with you. For a look at the past room reveals go here

Today I'm sharing my favorite room. The budget for the kids' room was $1,000 and I think we came in under budget! It was actually pretty easy to stick to the budget with this room because we didn't need a lot of furniture. And the furniture that we did use we got for a great deal. 

Here is the board I created for the room. 


I wanted the room to feel gender neutral. There are elements that are a little more "boy" and elements that could be translated as "girl". This scheme would work well for a shared bedroom. 

Here is how the room turned out!


Striped Duvet: West Elm
Metal Red Headboard: This was a great find on Craigslist. I think we got it for around $15.

Paint Color: Benjamin Moore Del Mar Blue 



Dream Big Pillow: Robin and Mould on Etsy
Chevron Pillow: I used the leftover fabric from Jett's headboard for this pillow. The pillow was sewn by Local Utah Seamstress Alli Middleton alliemp07@live.com



Red Lamp: Target
Be Nice Print: Sarah Jane Studios
Toy: Home Again Consignment
Nightstand: I found this at Savers over a year ago for $15! I've been saving it and saving it for something and I love how it looks in this kid's room. We just gave it a fresh coat of white paint. 



Bird Mobile: Donated by Annie's Mobile Boutique


ABC Letters: These were Christmas ornaments from Anthropologie that I got after Christmas for $2 a piece! I just took the ornament hooks off. 


To me the real star of the room is the roman shade. This was our "splurge" in the room. The fabric is Arbre Chinoise in Meadow by Schumacher


Rocking Chair: Vinnie White Cradle Chair from Overstock
Goldfish Pillow: Digs
Stacking Boxes: I bought these at Serena and Lily on sale for $30 but they are no longer available. 


Green Stool: Home Again Consignment 

Thank you for all your comments and support with this home. It was a really fun experience for me. There are a lot of things that made it hard. Being sick during my first trimester really put the project on hold for a few months. It was such a great feeling to finally finish the project. Some days I thought it would never get done!

I also have to say that I could never have completed this without my amazing interns. Thanks to Haley, Kayley and Carly for their help with the home.

And also the wonderful Jylare for taking all the pictures!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

◄ Posting Baru Posting Lama ►
 

Copyright © 2012. Walls Modern Interiors - All Rights Reserved B-Seo Versi 5 by Blog Bamz